Join the Dedicated Team at U.S. Paint
Since our founding in 1931, we’ve remained in the same location, in the heart of St. Louis, and right in the heart of this great country.
Most of our team of chemists, engineers, managers, sales people, and technicians have been with U.S. Paint for years and years. We are a proud family and proud steward of our community. We are a dedicated bunch committed to being our customers’ very best paint supplier.
If you are interested in potentially joining the U.S. Paint family, please begin your inquiry by contacting us today.
Open Job Opportunities
Production Planner / Buyer
US Paint is currently seeking a Production Planner/Buyer to join our team. U.S. Paint specializes in the development and manufacturing of technically advanced paints and coatings for the automotive and industrial environments.
The Production Planner/Buyer is responsible for working closely with our management and manufacturing teams. The ability to prioritize, problem solve and follow direction with minimal supervision, while meeting customer deadlines are key components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to navigate through multiple computer applications with speed and accuracy
- Communicate in a friendly, positive manner with customers by phone and/or email
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a challenging environment
- Work with Master Scheduling and Production team to optimize plant output
- Work closely with internal departments to meet our customers’ needs
- Issue Purchase Orders, track and expedite with designated suppliers
- Ability to review and implement best practices as it pertains to purchasing and planning functions
- Perform routine inventory cycle counting
- Monitor on time delivery of purchase orders
- Strong flexibility required as other duties may be assigned and work schedules may be changed to accommodate business needs.
- Assist with Shipping and Logistics, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Extremely reliable
- Purchasing experience
- Ability to work within a team environment and on an individual basis
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask with frequent interruptions
- Ability to Operate a Fork truck and Narrow Isle Forklift
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous manufacturing experience in scheduling
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. Associate or Bachelors’ degree is preferable, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
This role requires an extended amount of time sitting and involves repetitive motions. It often requires you to stand, walk and lift objects. The emotional demand of the job is moderate.
U.S. Paint is an equal opportunity employer
- Medical, Dental, Vision and an Employee Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care.
- 401k Plan with company match to help save for your retirement.
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Great work/life balance with PTO, Personal days, 12 paid Holidays and more!
EEO Policy Statement
U.S. Paint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It is the policy of U.S. Paint not to discriminate against an applicant for employment or another associate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, military status or any other classification protected by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and training. U.S. Paint makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Voted Top Work Places
U.S. Paint is honored to be named one of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Top Workplaces. This is a great accomplishment and is a testament to the culture, values and daily efforts of the U.S. Paint staff and leadership teams. We're thrilled to have been included on the list, and thankful to our employees, who made this happen.